Advanced Placement World History with Mr. Duez
PART SIX THE MOST RECENT CENTURY 1914–2010
CHAPTER 24 Accelerating Global Interaction Since 1945WEEK AT A GLANCE:
MON: QUIZ 24; Crash Course #41
TUE: Economic Globalization, Feminism, Fundamentalism, Environmentalism
WED/THU: TEST 22, 23, 24 - Communism, Independence Movements; Global Interactions
FRI: No School - A "Good" Friday!
|Only 2 Crash Course World History episodes remain. Globalization I & II.|
Monday, April 14, 2014
Quote: "In 5-billion years the Sun will expand & engulf our orbit as the charred ember that was once Earth vaporizes. Have a nice day." - Neil deGrasse Tyson @NeilTyson
1. DO NOW: Prep for Reading Check Quiz CH 24 - the LAST ONE!
2. QUIZ: Reading Check CH 24 - The End of Strayer.
3. Crash Course World History #41 Globalization
Discuss in relation to the chapter and "The Future History of the Planet"
|72.9 Products ordered on Amazon.com per second. Amazing!|
Tuesday, April 15, 2014
Quote: "Apollo in 1969. Shuttle in 1981. Nothing in 2011. Our space program would look awesome to anyone living backwards thru time." - Neil deGrasse Tyson @NeilTyson
1. DO NOW: To what extent did the processes discussed in this chapter:
economic globalization, feminism, fundamentalism, environmentalism
represent something new in the twentieth century?
In what respects did they have roots in the more distant past?
2. Review Questions: In class group discussion to answer review questions over Chapter 24: Review Questions - Globalism, Feminism, Fundamentalism, & Environmentalism.
4. Notes, Video, Discussion: Chapter 24 Presentation with video examples.
|The Internet played a key role in the Arab Spring. Technology, knowledge, and the spirit of freedom: Global Scale.|
Wednesday, April 16, 2014 & Thursday, April 17, 2014
I can't believe I read the whole thing!
Quote: "A 'No' uttered from the deepest conviction is better than a 'Yes' merely uttered to please, or worse, to avoid trouble." - Mahatma Gandhi
1. DO NOW: Prep for Final Strayer Test of the Year! Chapters 22, 23, & 24
2. TEST: Chapters 22, 23, & 24
3. When students finish their test pick up Schama's Article: America Should Care About Collapse of Europe (due on Monday when we return from Easter holiday):
You have the remainder of class to work on the article, until everyone is finished with the test.
4. AFTER TEST: Peer Review - CCOT.
Friday, April 18, 2014
GOOD FRIDAY - NO SCHOOL.
It is indeed a "Good" Friday!
See you on Monday.
Be sure to pick up your Review book and prepare for Units 1 & 2. We will begin review there after Easter Holiday & discuss the Schama's Article: America Should Care About Collapse of Europe