THE AP WORLD HISTORY TEST IS NEXT THURSDAY MAY 17!
2 1/2 weeks to go!
Monday April 30, 2012
Quote of the Day: "A dream doesn't become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work." - Colin Powell
1. Finish Video #3 of Ferguson's China: Triumph & Turmoil. (We will hand the questions & answers in tomorrow in class). If you were absent and need to see one of the videos, bring a flash drive to me and I'll copy them for you to watch at home.
2. Work in groups to find answers to the AP Practice Test. Corrections are due on Wednesday/Thursday.
3. Also students can be working on analyzing their DBQ take home. We will do a comparative essay in class on Friday. Students will get a handout covering comparative theme ideas.
Tuesday May 1, 2012
Quote of the Day: “My grandfather once told me that there were two kinds of people: those who do the work and those who take the credit. He told me to try to be in the first group; there was much less competition.” - Indira Gandhi
1. Students will work in cooperative teams and compete through questions that come from Unit 4 Time period. Students can refer to the targets for Unit 4.
2. Students will pick up "Past, Present and Future" article to help prepare and understand Change & Continuity Over Time.
3. The CCOT on Friday will be about China. Check out these student samples of actual student work from past CCOT responses. The last pages discusses how they scored.
Wednesday & Thursday May 2 & 3, 2012
Quote of the Day: “I know you've heard it a thousand times before. But it's true - hard work pays off. If you want to be good, you have to practice, practice, practice. If you don't love something, then don't do it.” - Ray Bradbury
1. We will take a 70 question AP World History Practice Test in 55 minutes.
2. After the test, we will grade it in class and review the questions.
3. Students will be able to get them back on Friday.
4. Students will hand in their previous test with corrections.
5. Students will get answers to the first AP Practice test that we took in class. And they will get the answer to the DBQ we practiced at home.
Friday May 4, 2012
Quote of the Day: “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” - Thomas Edison
1. Students will write the CCOT Essay, dealing with China. 35 minutes is all that is allotted to write.
2. Afterwards we will discuss websites that can help you prep for the AP Test.