Agenda for Week of Monday April 16 - Friday April 20, 2012
See the "Notes" section on the tabs above
Theme 1: Interaction Between Humans and the Environment
• Demography and disease
• Patterns of settlement
Theme 2: Development and Interaction of Cultures
• Belief systems, philosophies, and ideologies
• Science and technology
• The arts and architecture
Theme 3: State-Building, Expansion, and Conflict
• Political structures and forms of governance
• Nations and nationalism
• Revolts and revolutions
• Regional, trans-regional, and global structures and organizations
Theme 4: Creation, Expansion, and Interaction of Economic Systems
• Agricultural and pastoral production
• Trade and commerce
• Labor systems
• Capitalism and socialism
Theme 5: Development and Transformation of Social Structures
• Gender roles and relations
• Family and kinship
• Racial and ethnic constructions
• Social and economic classes
Monday April 16, 2012
Quote of the Day: "In a mad world only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa (1910 - 1998)
**NEW SEATS FOR THE NEW SIX WEEKS PERIOD**
1. With the 1st AP Practice Test (Multiple Choice only), pick the top 10 that you did not understand. (first 5 min)
2. Spend 5 minutes with a partner to compare questions and answers.
3. Discuss the assignment for Friday: Interview an older person about what it was like to be a teenager for them. Write out the questions and answers. Then answer them yourself. We will use this to do the timed writing on Friday - CCOT - Continuity and Change Over Time.
4. Review Unit 1 and 2: Discuss the Targets for Unit 1 and 2
Video & Discussion: Crash Course
Tuesday April 17, 2012
Quote of the Day: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)
1. Pass out the answers to the 1st AP Practice Test. Review them and discuss with partners.
2. Discuss Friday's CCOT. (assignment for Friday: Interview an older person about what it was like to be a teenager for them. Write out the questions and answers. Then answer them yourself. We will use this to do the timed writing on Friday - CCOT - Continuity and Change Over Time.)
Study Sheet Card Front & Study Sheet Card Back
3. Review Unit 1 and 2. Discuss the Targets for Unit 1 and 2.
Video & Discussion:
Wednesday & Thursday April 19 & 20, 2012
Quote of the Day: "Madness in great ones must not unwatch'd go." - William Shakespeare (1564 - 1616), Hamlet, Act III, sc. 1
1. Students will have 55 minutes to complete the 70 question Multiple Choice portion of AP Practice Test #2.
2. After the test, students will discuss with a partner their CCOT for Friday. (15 minutes)
Pick up Practice Test #3! & Writing Progression Handout
3. Video after the test to review Unit 1 and 2 (TBD).
Friday April 20, 2012
Quote of the Day: "Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule." - Friedrich Nietzsche (1844 - 1900)
1. CCOT - Continuity and Change Over Time. Students will have 30 minutes to write the response to the question: "What is it like to be a teenager? Compare your teen years to an older adult after interviewing them."
2. Pick up DBQ Take Home - Due Next Friday!