|Texas 31 - Bengals 10. On to Baltimore!|
Quote of the Day: "You're alive. Do something. The directive in life, the moral imperative was so uncomplicated. It could be expressed in single words, not complete sentences. It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose. Act." - Barbara Hall, A Summons to New Orleans, 2000
1. Quiz Chapter 15. Students may use their notes & target sheets on the quiz.
2. Video - Engineering an Empire - Russia.
3. Discuss the 3 "S's" of this pre-modern world trade: "Silver" "Slaves" and "Soft Gold (Furs)"
|No one deserves it more than Dre.|
Quote of the Day: "Life is something that everyone should try at least once." - Henry J. Tillman
1. DO NOW Question: "In what specific ways did trade foster change in the modern world?"
2. Review Chapter 14 & 15 with particular focus on slave trade & the documents.
Quote of the Day: "Life is difficult and complicated and beyond anyone's total control, and the humility to know that will enable you to survive its vicissitudes." - J. K. Rowling, Harvard Commencement Address, 2008
1. Test - Chapter 14 & 15
2. After the test, begin reading chapter 16. Quiz is on Tuesday, test is next Friday.
Quote of the Day: "Difficulties come when you don't pay attention to life's whisper. Life always whispers to you first, but if you ignore the whisper, sooner or later you'll get a scream." - Oprah Winfrey (1954 - ), Stanford Commencement Adress, 2008
1. Counselor will be scheduling classes for next fall.
No school Monday.
Tuesday - Quiz Ch. 16
Friday - Test Ch. 16