Six Glasses Reading Guide - Questions to Consider
Section I Summaries:
For each of the six beverages, and for the epilogue, write a 1⁄2 page summary of the author’s main points. Explain when, where, why and how that beverage became important and what effect it had on world history. Give specific examples of how the beverage affected history.
Section II Reading Questions:
The questions provided for this book are meant to get you thinking about history. It isn’t merely enough to read about history; you must “do” history. Answer the questions completely on a separated paper. You do not have to rewrite the question but you must answer in complete sentences.
1. What is the origin of distilled spirits?
2. What is the connection between spirits and colonization?
3. How was the production of spirits connected to slavery?
4. What role did spirits play on the high seas?
5. In the 18th century, how did spirits help Britain have a more superior navy than France?
6. Why were spirits an important staple in Colonial America?
7. How did rum play a role in the American Revolution?
8. What were the negative effects/uses of spirits? (Use entire chapter to answer this)
WHAP 6 Glasses Summer Reading Spirits In The Colonial Period
Are Spirits Real? Derren Brown - The Science of Scams