Section I Summaries:
For each of the six beverages, and for the epilogue, write a 1⁄2 page summary of the author’s main points. Explain when, where, why and how that beverage became important and what effect it had on world history. Give specific examples of how the beverage affected history.
Section II Reading Questions:
The questions provided for this book are meant to get you thinking about history. It isn’t merely enough to read about history; you must “do” history. Answer the questions completely on a separated paper. You do not have to rewrite the question but you must answer in complete sentences.
1. What was the origin of coke?
2. How was this beverage used medicinally and what were the additives?
3. What was the relationship of coke and World War II?
4. How was coke thought of by the communist during the Cold War?
5. What is meant by “globalization in a bottle”?
6. How did Coco-Cola become basically seen as an American value? How did
this help and hurt Coca-Cola (and, in some ways, America itself?)
Six Glasses Screen-Cast Part 6 - Coca-Cola
Notes - Six Glasses - Part 6 - Coca-Cola