2. Video - "How to Survive AP World History" Not Mr. Duez's video... but the students who put this together have some great advice! And no, we didn't have to read Guns, Germs and Steel over the summer or Salt! But, we will check out Guns, Germs and Steel on block day this week... in video form.
3. Discussion of WHAP website, course expectations.
4. Questions on Bulliet 1 and 2 if time.
Objective: Student understands course expectations and rigor of AP.
Assignment - TEST Tomorrow, Also students will fill out the course information survey (link here).
Tuesday Aug 23
Quote of the Day: “Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there."-Will Rogers
TEST Bulliet Chapters 1 and 2. (Summer reading)
After the test Mr. Duez is going to look at journals from summer reading to see how students prepared.
Wed/Thu Aug 24 and 25
Quote of the Day: "Difficulty is the excuse history never accepts." - Edward R. Murrow
1. Film: Guns, Germs, and Steel: Episode 1, 50 minutes; Students will take Cornell notes, write a summary at the end.
2. Discussion and analysis: 30 minutes
Objective: Explain how geography played a fundamental role in the development of different human societies across the globe.
Friday Aug 26
Quote of the Day: "You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else." - Albert Einstein
Objective: Describe how a cosmopolitan civilization developed in the Middle East during the Late Bronze Age, and explain what forms it took. (Bulliet, pp. 69-76)