Advanced Placement World History with Mr. Duez
REVIEW FOR AP TEST
AP Test Review & Preparation: Unit 3 and 4 Focus
WEEK AT A GLANCE:
MON: Item Analysis on AP Practice Test from last week; Group discussion of FRQ Planning from last Friday. Focus on DBQ. POV/Additional Doc/Grouping/Historical Context/Analysis/Thesis.
TUE: AP World Themes; Geographic locations; Unit 3 & 4 Quizzing.
WED/THU: MOCK AP Test; Review CCOT; Prep for Friday -
FRI: FRQ Friday - 2006-2009: One of those AP FRQ sets will be presented to you to do a quick plan & write.
Quote: "Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend." - Corey Ford
1. DO NOW: Which question did you struggle with on FRQ Friday during your planning session?
2. Item Analysis: AP Practice Test results from last week. Students will mark a sheet to determine which period, question type, that they missed most often. Which did they do the best on?
3. FRQ Breakdown: Students will work together to look over their plans for the FRQ Planning that they did in class on Friday.
|AP World History's 7 Themes.|
Tuesday, April 27, 2014
Quote: “If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them." - Phil Pastoret
1. DO NOW: Which Units are the toughest - which were the hardest for you on the AP Practice Test last week? Why?
2. AP World Themes; Geographic locations;
3. Unit 3 & 4 Quizzing.
Wednesday, April 30, 2014 & Thursday May 1, 2014
Quote: “I know you've heard it a thousand times before. But it's true - hard work pays off. If you want to be good, you have to practice, practice, practice. If you don't love something, then don't do it.” - Ray Bradbury
1. DO NOW: We are one week away, what can you do to prepare?
2. AP TEST Pre-Administration. First 30 minutes will be with test administrators and principals preparing your paperwork for the AP Test Next Week.
3. MOCK AP WORLD HISTORY TEST. 55 minutes - 70 Questions. Multiple Choice only.
|AP World History Regions|
Friday, May 2, 2014
Quote: “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” - Thomas Edison
1. FRQ FRIDAY - Mr. Duez will pass out one of the full FRQ question sets from the years 2006-2009.
2. Item Analysis Practice Test - After completing the FRQ, students will discuss the most common missed questions from the Practice Test from last week.