|If you aren't fired with enthusiasm, |
You will be FIRED with Enthusiasm.
China & The Search for Order: What is the purpose of life? How should human society be ordered?
- What was the Legalist answer?
- What was the Confucian answer?
- What was the Daoist answer?
1. Quiz on Chapter 5 - Reading Check (you may use your notes)
2. DO NOW after the quiz: “Religions are fundamentally alike.” Does the material in this chapter support or undermine this idea?
Write out your answer in your notes.
(This week the Big Idea questions from Strayer will be our Do Now questions. You also have the opportunity to answer one of them in essay form for extra credit on the test. It is due just before the test on Friday.)
3. Notes & Discussion: Religious traditions in China. Legalism, Confucianism, and Daoism.
Tomorrow - We will discuss religious traditions in India and possibly Greek Rational Thought, if time remains.
TEST IS FRIDAY.